Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Boucher vs. ????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Boucher vs. ????

    I bet if you went out and took an informal poll of 10-20 people, less than 20% of them could tell you who is running against Rick Boucher.

    Heck, until about 3 weeks ago, I didn't either. I've since seen two or three Carrico signs, but that is about it.

    Sometimes I wonder why the Republicans even bother running anyone against Boucher. It is obvious that he panders just enough to get reelected every two years.

    I still do not understand just how someone like Boucher wins elections in this area. He makes a token appearance every couple of years and butters people up with the tax money they sent to Big Brother.

    I'd wager that if not for the extreme union support in the coal counties, Tricky Ricky wouldn't be living high on the hog off the backs of his constituents.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Boucher vs. ????

    Must be doing something right [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Boucher vs. ????

    When you bring up VA politics the first name that comes out of people's mouth is Rick Boucher.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Boucher vs. ????

    [ QUOTE ]
    I'd wager that if not for the extreme union support in the coal counties, Tricky Ricky wouldn't be living high on the hog off the backs of his constituents.


    [/ QUOTE ]

    The only thing that has ever kept him going is the people around here just doing what the Union tells them to forget what they think the union says it so it is the gospel.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Boucher vs. ????

    What has kept him out is the Republicans don't run anybody really against him. He's beatable. Campaign on what someone is going to do, or can do, and don't try to attack him or what he has done, when you do have people he has helped (be it black lung, disability, or whatever). I mean I like Kevin Triplett and his family, heck knew/liked his wife as well, but because he was in Nascar doesn't make him a great candidate, and that was probably the strongest candidate that has ran against him. I'm sorry, because Michael Waltrip or Jeff Burton or Kyle Petty or whomever says vote for Kevin Triplett and thats about all I hear, hard to think he really had a plan. The thing with Boucher is I don't think he's extremely well liked by most, he's just so far been able to present himself as the lesser of two evils in most cases. You have had him, someone running against him. He's been able to say this is what I have helped do/bring to the area, the other side goes Boucher is the devil. So you have the morality side turning into character questions/assassinations no matter if they are right or there is some right in it. So people see the 'moral police' attacking him, which makes most people view them as little better than him, and then he has helped them or their family or someone they know, so it turns into the devil you know as opposed to the devil you don't.

    Just my view on it at least.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Another suggestion

    If I was a Republican candidate or even involved in their party structure, one of the first things I would do in this area, go to Top and Bottoms, and beg them to please stop supporting us!!!!! Or at the very lease, stop trying to support us visually. I know lots of people who get so turned off with their signs, that it probably gives Boucher more votes than it could ever cost him. Even if I agree sometimes that their intention or beliefs are right, they are so extreme and try to 'scare the hell out of you' that it turns into positive support for Boucher.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another suggestion

    I know I probably ticked off all the union guys on here but that is the way it goes, I am speaking from personal experience my grandfather allways hated going to vote because he didn't like the candidate but it is who the union told him to vote for and he done it.
    I also get tired of seeing Boucher come in and jump on something and act like he was the only reason it happened when he actually had nothing to do with anything just wanted to make himself look good, he is really good for doing this when some company opens up and brings in a few jobs to the area.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Boucher vs. ????

    The Republicans have run some very good candidates against Boucher over the last 12 years. I cannot recall their names at the moment, but the candidate in 94 was a very nice guy.

    The problem is that none of them will campaign in this area because of the strong union ties.

    As for Boucher, he only comes to visit the serfs when he has a little pocket change for them.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Boucher vs. ????

    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'd wager that if not for the extreme union support in the coal counties, Tricky Ricky wouldn't be living high on the hog off the backs of his constituents.


    [/ QUOTE ] All the "union " left is the scrap at Clinchfield and retirees.

    The only thing that has ever kept him going is the people around here just doing what the Union tells them to forget what they think the union says it so it is the gospel.

    [/ QUOTE ]

  10. #10
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Boucher vs. ????

    Kinda makes you wonder about a few folks. They talk coaching and religion. But it's forget those who broke their backs in the mines and who can't walk 20 feet for black lung.
    Guess we should feel sorry for those companies who robbed our mountains of the coal and well robbed our families of grandpa's and dad's.
    Yes sir. You sure make me not to want to think union. Seems those are a few forgotten folks in your mind Beast.
    Wonder if it would of been gospel had it been your relatives who put in 30 years out of benefits.
    Yet on oxygen to just to maintain life.
    Got to say some on here i don't and don't guess i ever will understand. Ok as long as it don't effect me or mine.
    Got to say those quotes. Well figure it out.
    I am not a big union person as i see flaws. But i can't say it's all wrong. Some times at least it works. Depends on who runs it. One thing i will say. They do try to look out for all even if some get some extra padding. More than i can say for some who get left out with no recourse.
    That's just my opinion.

    As far as Boucher his voting record stinks. But his time in office has awarded him some privileges. He gets more done for SWVA than most could.

    And i don't vote one way or the other. I vote for who can get the job done.

    To me that is Boucher. One because he knows how it works, and two he has a proven record of doing something. And he's a true politician which means he knows how to play the game. Where a rookie will get eaten alive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •